Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Girl, Stolen by April Henry

Griffin thought he'd scored the mother-load; an unattended Escalade with the keys in the ignition?  Awesome!  Unfortunately for Griffin, he doesn't realize that Cheyenne is in the back seat of the car he is stealing until it is too late.  Now he hasn't just stolen a car, he's also kidnapped a girl.  Kidnapped a blind, sick, teenage daughter of Nike's president none-the-less.  Now Griffin must protect Cheyenne from his father's criminal friends while she is held hostage for ransom.  All the while Cheyenne is struggling to find a way to escape and save her life.

This novel is told in alternating voices between Cheyenne and Griffin.  The concept is extremely interesting and I could not wait to read this book.  I even wrote to the publisher in hopes of getting an ARC.  Maybe I got my hopes up too high or something, but I just didn't find this book to be as exceptional as many others did.  I really liked Griffin's character, but the tension never really got there for me.  Also, the ending seemed rushed and just too easy.  I really had to suspend belief a few times with this book, and I don't know why but it didn't sit well with me.

No comments:

Followers