Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wicked Girls by Stephanie Hemphill

This novel is verse is set during the Salem Witch Trials and deals with the girls who accused the women and men in the town of Witchcraft.

I hate to do it, but I give up.  I am 100 pages into this book,and it is seriously dragging.  I sort of like a few characters, but not enough to keep reading about them.  I find the time period fascinating, but honestly this book is just kind of boring.

I've heard mention of this being on some short lists for things like the Printz and stuff, to which I think that I either should NEVER ever serve on an awards committee like that, or that I seriously NEED to be on one of those committees.

I did serve on an awards committee once before, and seriously the amount of reading required is insane.  But, I dunno, I still tend to be kind of outspoken about what I think when awards time comes around, and usually, the books I love get the shaft.  We'll see what happens this year.

No comments:

Followers