Friday, September 17, 2010

Books I can't wait to read

I've been on a bit of a roll here with my blog lately with my blog, and I figured I'd try to keep it up.  Today I thought I'd write about books that I am looking forward to reading.

New books are exciting.  One of the best parts of my job is getting to order new books every month.  When they come in, I get all excited and I love being able to interact with them, and yes smell them.  And I love looking online to see what new and exciting books are coming out.  Here are some of the books that have either pretty recently come out, or are coming out soon, that I can't wait to read.  Some of the summaries come from Amazon.com, since they were already typed up and succinct, I decided not to retype them.

1.  Accomplice by Eireann Corrigan

Finn and Chloe have it all figured out. Their school guidance counselor has told everyone that it's not enough to get good grades or do community service anymore - kids like that are everywhere, and colleges are bored of them. So what do you do? Chloe decides they should get attention another way. She and Finn will stage her own disappearance - and then Finn will be the only who finds and saves her. What college wouldn't want them after that kind of attention? It seems like a good plan -- until things start going very wrong.




2.  Girl, Stolen by April Henry


Sixteen year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription at the pharmacy. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen--with her inside! Griffin hadn’t meant to kidnap Cheyenne, all he needed to do was steal a car for the others. But once Griffin's dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes—now there’s a reason to keep her. What Griffin doesn’t know is that Cheyenne is not only sick with pneumonia, she is blind. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare, and if she does, at what price?




These first two I've wanted to read ever since I read early reviews of them.  They just sounds so interesting and thrilling.  One of the patrons at my library did read and enjoy Accomplice, so that makes me want to read it even more.


3.  Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


The sequel to Beautiful Creatures.  I enjoyed the first book, especially loving the atmosphere and the secondary character Uncle Macon.  I'm exited to see what happens next.




4.  Grace by Elizabeth Scott


I love Elizabeth Scott's books, and I am always looking forward to any new ones being published.  So, like many of my patrons, I can't wait to read Grace!


















What books are you looking forward to, and what books should I be reading? 

No comments:

Followers