Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters by Suzanne Weyn

Twin sisters Giselle and Ingrid are the hidden daughters of Dr. Victor Frankenstein.  They have been hidden so Frankenstein's monster will not find and kill them. They know nothing about their father, and their mother is dead.

Shortly before the girls turn 17, their father dies, leaving them heirs to his entire fortune and his castle.  The girls move into the castle, and Giselle (the beautiful one) has her eyes set on redoing the castle and taking on her role as Baroness Frankenstein.  Ingrid finds her father's journals and becomes obsessed with his science.

I made it about half of the way through this book, but then I wondered if I really wanted to keep going.  I could guess some of the plot points, and honestly neither girl is overly sympathetic.  I do like Ingrid more than Giselle, but her story line really wasn't progressing quickly enough for me.

There started to be some awesome gruesomeness right around the point where I gave up, but I'd already divested myself of the book by then.  I read some descriptions of the story to see if I would want to keep going, but the book description on Amazon does not even feature the correct character names.  Also, apparently there is eventually a love triangle.  Oh well, onto the next book.

I was allowed to read this book as an e-ARC.  I was neither paid, nor given awesome swag for my review.  The actual book may be different than the copy I reviewed.

No comments:

Other stuff to read

Followers