Friday, December 18, 2009

the feeling of meh...

There must be something wrong with me, because with books lately all I've been feeling is meh.  The past two books I've read have left me feeling completely uninspired.  The last book I really devoured was The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott.  I am working on a book now that was highly recommended by teens on the YALSA list as one of the Best Books for Young Adults, but so far the first chapter or so has been only ok.  Is it the time of year, is it burn-out from work and school, have I hit a saturation point when it comes to YA books and I need to break for a bit?  I don't know what it is.

 I just hope I can get through it and get back to finding some books that I just LOVE!  I miss being really excited about a book, not being able to put it down, and then telling everyone that the must read it right now the minute I put it down.  I want a book that will be up reading until 4 am and then only put down cause my eyes won't stay open.

Maybe I should take a picture of my "to be read" shelf and post it so people can give me recommendations.  Or does anyone have any recommendations to get me out of my meh zone?

No comments:

Followers