Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Mutiny in Time: Infinity Ring #1 by James Dashner

This is the "next 39 Clues-like" series, and I love time travel and history so I thought I'd give this book a shot.  It was one of the Kindle deals, and while I don't normally read chapter books I wanted to read this one.

This series is about Dak and Sera, two kids who are geniuses and weird in their own ways.  Dak loves history and cheese, and Sera is a science whiz.  They live in an alternate reality that seems to run parallel to our current time.  The world is going crazy, there are natural disasters happening all the time, and the world is under the control of the ever powerful SQ.  Dak's parents invent an Infinity Ring that allows them to travel through time, and with Sera's help they get the ring working.  Long story short, Dak and Sera travel through time with Dak's parents, lose Dak's parents in time, and are recruited by a secret group to use the Infinity Ring to travel with a group of people through time fixing mistakes that happened and putting right what once went wrong.  Ok, well I may have borrowed the last part of that from Quantum Leap, but the idea is pretty much the same.

I read about half of this book before I finally accept that there are so many other books that I'd rather be reading right now.  So, I had to give up.  The cove is amazing, the idea is great, but I just really didn't care about what was happening in the book at all.

No comments:

Followers