Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Corner of White: Bk 1 of the Colors of Madeline by Jaclyn Moriarty

Madeline and her mother have run away from her father.  They now live in England, where her mother is a seamstress who dreams of making it big on quiz shows.  During the day Madeline and two other students learn through a homeschooling set up that Madeline's mother worked out with a group of adults.  Madeline lives in our world.

Eliot's father is missing, and he is on a mission to find him.  There are rumors that Eliot's took off with a local Physics teacher, and killed his own brother, but Eliot is sure this is not true.  Eliot is searching his world (the kingdom of Cello) to find his father.

Then,through a crack in the worlds that has not appeared for a long long time, Eliot and Madeline begin to communicate.

Right around the time Eliot and Madeline began to communicate is about where I totally lost interest.  I was pretty interested in Eliot's side of the story, but Madeline was just such a bland character.  The two worlds didn't seem to meld together very well, and while I like to think I'd go back and finish this book one day, I just couldn't hold off reading something I'd enjoy more.



I received an e-ARC of this book from Netgalley.

No comments:

Followers