Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I was recently kind of challenged by someone to read a classic that I've never read; The Little Prince.  This is a book I've meant to read, and heard a lot about, but I just never seemed to "get around to it."  So, with the extra incentive of a challenge thrown down I decided to check the book out from my library and give it a go.

For those of you that don't know The Little Prince is the story of a little prince who leaves his planet and explores the universe.  He is found on Earth by a pilot whose plane has crashed in the desert.  I will say that I was prepared not to like the book because it is so hyped by people, and I often don't like things that are overly hyped *cough*Avatar*cough*.  But, to my astonishment I did find The Little Prince to be charming and enjoyable.  Some of it was a little too precocious, but I think that many of us could do to be reminded of the simple joys and thoughts of childhood, and how loving a single rose can make all the difference to a little prince.

No comments:

Followers