Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been awhile...

I need to work on keeping up here more often, but I do have a reason for being absent. I had surgery last week and have been kind of out of it for awhile. But, I am back and I have a review!

Unfortunately I have to give my first bad review on here. I started reading, and was really into Going Bovine by Libba Bray but, it ended up just getting too Weetzie Bat for me in that I thought it was getting weird just for the sake of being weird.




Here is what Going Bovine is about: Cameron is a loser just trying to make it through high school. He spends most of his time underachieving and getting high. Then, everything changes when he finds out that his visions aren't just from the drugs, they are hallucinations due to his brain being eaten away by Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, otherwise known as Mad Cow Disease. Now Cameron is spending his time wasting away in a hospital, until one day a pink punk angel tells him he has to save the world on the search for a cure, oh and he has to bring his new friend Gonzo the dwarf on this trip with him.

I will admit that I skipped to the end to see if Cameron was going to make it, and that made me decide if I was going to read the rest of the book or not and really try to invest in Cameron. In the end, once Cameron left the hospital the book totally changed and was just really weird. I think teens might be able to relate to it more than I did though.

No comments:

Followers