Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finished Beautiful Creatures...onto Soulstice!

One thing being sick has done for me is that it's given me time to read.  Between being stuck at home or sitting in the doctor's office I've gotten some quality reading time in.  With this time I've been able to read my text book (yay SQL :-P) and also some real books!


I finished the ARC of Beautiful Creatures, a love story between Caster Lena and Mortal Ethan.  I really enjoyed the book, the atmosphere was great and the secondary characters were flushed out and very likable.  The only thing I am left puzzled by deals with Lena's name and the claiming that happens on her 16th birthday.  I am looking forward to this book being published because I think the teens at the library will love it!  Also, the cover is just beautiful (see my last post for a picture of the cover).


Now I am reading an ARC of Soulstice: The Devouring Book 2 by Simon Holt.  I've not read the first book, but I've heard a lot about it and how spooky it is.  This book has enough introduction to it that it stands on its own, and only 40 pages in I've already come across some really fun and freaky scenes.  This series deals with a teen girl named Reggie and her fight against the "Vours, evil, demonic beings that inhabit human bodies on Sorry Night" and feed on fear.  I am enjoying the book so far and have been glad to get to experience this series that is popular with the teens at my library.

No comments:

Followers